Monday, September 19, 2016

Tygerberg Photographic Society - May 2016


Ok - so I've been really slack and have some major catching-up to do!

The set subject for the month of May was Macro/Close-up. My two set subject submissions both received Gold ratings, while the two images in the open section both received silver ratings.

For my Set Subject Print image I selected a flower that was "borrowed" from one of my neighbours' garden during an early morning walk. The flower, a bush violet, has really beautiful and different textures and colours. This final image is a stack from seven different photos.



The image I chose for the Set Subject Digital entry was of a red pepper that had been sliced in half. I expected to get some interesting detail, but even I was amazed at the end result. In order to get the detailed depth of field, this was also the result of stacking a number of different photos to produce this final submission.




The images selected for the Digital Open section were not that exciting, even though I like them both. This first one is a dassie seen at the Augrabies Falls National Park. I had only seen them on rocks on Table Mountain before, and had no idea they could climb trees!


The second image was a thrush who regularly visited our flower box and who caught a number of worms during his visits. This day, however, he ended up wormless, and all he had to show for his efforts was a dirty beak!







No comments: